Born in the spring with the Forget-me-nots

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kona Dives

In 2011 I learned how to scuba dive. You know something cheap to do in my spare time.

It is amazing how quickly something like that can change how you interact with your environment! I have done 5 dives in Hawaii (on top of my PADI and AAUS dives in Alaska) and it has totally changed how I snorkel. Ok lets start back with the dives I have done.

I joined the dive club for Kona Diving Company and started off with the two tank garden eel and manta night dive! Since then we have been renting gear and doing some shore diving. We are sort of in a rut because Two-Step at Pu`uhonua o Honaunau (Place if Refuge) is SO amazing!

I have done two dives there and this last time I snorkeled (wasn't feeling 100%). Watching my husband and out buddy go down into that amazing world was a very different experience. It was the first time I felt trapped at the surface. I wanted nothing more then to effortlessly sink to the bottom with them, but the surface (and my need to breathe) was keeping me pinned there in that strange place between sea and sky.

I will add a link to a photo album of photos from some of our dives when I get home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment