Born in the spring with the Forget-me-nots

Monday, January 24, 2011

the ups and downs of life in grad school

Today something exciting happened! My first 3 chapters of my thesis have been final draft approved by my advisor! That means once the formatting of hell is done the copy is on its way to my committee and with their approval I get to set the date!

Today is also sad. I still do not have a campus job. I am applying for post graduating dream job today! Signal analysis AND field work in HAWAII!? I could die with how happy the job description makes me!

Also it is sick that -5 feels warm, I guess it has been -30 and -40 for almost 2 weeks... but still. That is sick.

I feel like I need to write more since my writing has been drifting to the scientific, just state things, be short, be clear. I used to be good about journaling but now I suck. I guess I just never feel like I have anything to say. That needs to change, I can tell when I haven't been writing, I get writers block a lot when working on writing for work. I just get scared to start so more writing is in order. That and I have been discovering more and more this strange problem I have. When I am typing I sometimes type the wrong word. Things like this jump off the page at my wonderful other half but I just never see them. I've never been able to see typos and misspelled words. I didn't realize other people didn't have this problem until I moved in with my other half. He started to... speak his mind when reading other things for me, and now I have him proof read almost everything I write. It is very frustrating and I think its been adding to my anxiety about writing. So yes there will be typos and wrong words and oh I skip words too sometimes. I'm trying hard and hoping blogging with be a good medium to just get me writing, and hoping it will help. You know work out some personal kinks on not important files.

There look. I wrote something. See I can do it! ;)
I call this one "Working on the Thesis"

No comments:

Post a Comment